Because it is FUN!!
The skills children gain from participation in gymnastics will continue benefiting them throughout their lives! Gymnasts gain advanced physical ability, confidence, pride, self worth & respect, focus, determination and dedication.
Other benefits include learning goal setting, healthy lifestyle and good nutrition, and Friends for life!
That’s the short version; keep reading for more….
- An increase in muscular strength, flexibility and endurance
- The ability to relax
- Correct body alignment while walking, standing, jumping etc. (posture)
- The knowledge of how to fall and roll safely
- Increased agility, coordination and balance
- Awareness of the body
- Awareness of space and where the body is in it
- Awareness of relationships: body parts to each other and the apparatus
- The joy of movement mastery
- Discipline and self control
- The exercise habit as a pleasurable daily occurrence
- Higher self esteem
- A confident self image and a positive attitude towards their bodies
- Trust in one’s own abilities: move from a world of “I can’t” to “I can”
- Learning to cope with stress and overcome fears
- Learning to monitor a situation and respond to it
- Problem solving skills
- understanding socially acceptable behavior
- respect for other people and coaches
- manners, sharing and waiting for a turn
- Friends with common interests and goals